What is Tagtiv8 Word?
Tagtiv8 Word is not just an ‘active version of a world famous word game that uses tiles’.
Tagtiv8 Word provides opportunities for the active generation of words. These can then be used as the basis or stimulus for writing in a range of situations and different text types:
- recounts (e.g. letters, diaries, email, postcards etc)
- non-chronological reports
- procedures and instructions
- narrative (e.g. fairy tales, fables, adventure stories, play scripts etc)
Tagtiv8 Word allows the learners to play various active games in order to develop an understanding of phonics, spelling and more. Session plans and activity cards for ever growing bank of games are included free of charge. To see some of our games in action, view the video…
What sort of Tagtiv8 Activities & Team Challenges can be used to inspire & enthuse children?
Teams create words that other teams have to:
- incorporate into various text types
- put into alphabetical order
- spot the deliberate mistake
- use as a basis to generate rhyming words, antonyms, homonyms and homophones
- sort into word classes and families
Teams enjoy creating:
- anagrams for others to solve
- sentences that others have to punctuate correctly
- characters and settings for narrative writing
- topic words
- root words for others to add prefixes and suffixes
- words that can be used to make compound words
Our Word kit comes in different formats, reflecting schools different needs:
- Letters & Sounds
- National Curriculum Programmes of Study KS1 & KS2 for English
What do you get? Depending on the format you choose, you get:
- Six flexi-tubs – one for each team
- Six up-cycled units to store the tags and help the games flow
- colourful tags for consonants, vowels and di/trigraphs, prefixes and suffixes
- 30 Black Velcro Belts
- Access to a FREE Starter Pack of activities for teachers and children (EYFS, KS1 – KS2)
Once you are up and going, you may like to subscribe for Weekly Games, resources competitions and other offers.
What are people saying about Tagtiv8 Word?
“Tagtiv8 is an amazing resource and should be in every school.”
Alison Kriel, Headteacher, Northwold Primary School, Hackney, London
“We don’t do enough for our children’s hearts.”
Teacher on an Active SPaG course, Bradford
How can we implement Tagtiv8 Word?
We can help you implement your Tagtiv8 journey in different ways:
- Activity Days
- CPD sessions
- Move & Learn Champions
- Collaborations with Night Zookeeper
To find out more about how we can work and play together, give us a call or send us an email.