What is Tagtiv8 Word?
Tagtiv8 Word is not just an ‘active version of a world famous word game that uses tiles’.
Tagtiv8 Word provides opportunities for the active generation of words. These can then be used as the basis or stimulus for writing in a range of situations and different text types:
- recounts (e.g. letters, diaries, email, postcards etc)
- non-chronological reports
- procedures and instructions
- narrative (e.g. fairy tales, fables, adventure stories, play scripts etc)
Whether it be ‘Elmer the Elephant’ or ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’, ‘The Gruffalo’ or ‘Kensuke’s Kingdom’, our letter tags will help make learning irresistible.
Our Physically Active Learning (PAL) approaches create opportunities for learners to develop an understanding of phonics, spelling and more.
Sometimes, it’s difficult to imagine Tig or Tag or Tag Rugby meeting Scrabble, but here are 2 videos to set the scene…
What sort of Tagtiv8 Activities & Team Challenges can be used to inspire & enthuse children?
Teams create words that other teams have to:
- incorporate into various text types
- put into alphabetical order
- spot the deliberate mistake
- use as a basis to generate rhyming words, antonyms, homonyms and homophones
- sort into word classes and families
Teams enjoy creating:
- anagrams for others to solve
- sentences that others have to punctuate correctly
- characters and settings for narrative writing
- topic words
- root words for others to add prefixes and suffixes
- words that can be used to make compound words
Our Word kit comes in different formats, reflecting schools different needs:
What do you get? Depending on the format you choose, you get:
- Six flexi-tubs – one for each team
- Six up-cycled units to store the tags and help the games flow
- colourful tags for consonants, vowels and di/trigraphs, prefixes and suffixes
- 30 Black Velcro Belts
- Access to a FREE Starter Pack of activities for teachers and children (EYFS, KS1 – KS2)
Once you are up and going, you may like to subscribe for Weekly Games, resources competitions and other offers.
How does Tagtiv8 Word link to other Subjects?
It’s not just about SPaG! By being creative, Tagtiv8 Word can easily be linked to other subjects too. Think Tig/Tag or Tag Rugby meets:
- Languages other than English
Wow your children – an active way to incorporate vocabulary into their Knowledge Organisers!
Do you want to find out more? Simply click here.
What are people saying about Tagtiv8 Word?
We are global education innovation award winners. Read more in Forbes magazine here.
Made Locally – Thinking Globally
Our PAL resources are made in the UK – in Yorkshire to be precise. We outsource to local people and organisations, thus reducing our carbon footprints. In terms of sustainability, we continue to seek eco-friendly materials – this is why our latest products utilise up-cycled plastic. Naturally, we are proud of our northern routes and partner with Northern Powerhouse.
How can we implement Tagtiv8 Word?
We can help you implement your Tagtiv8 journey in different ways:
To find out more about how we can work and play together, give us a call – 020 3370 4272 – or send us an email at email@example.com.